Full Time Home Share Coordinator – Kamloops
Position: Full Time Home Share Coordinator
Number of Positions: 1
Posting Date: January 1, 2023
Closing Date: Until Filled
Salary: $29.00-$31.00 per hour
- This position is multifaceted in scope but centers on an overall goal of home sharing as a means to enhance the quality of life for the Individuals Receiving Services (Individuals) and promoting continuity of care for adults who have developmental disabilities.
- It includes a duty foremost to the Individuals and to their caregivers; however also includes the family members of Individuals, other coordinators/team leaders, the funding agency and to ensure the Home Share Program provides support within the set values of the organization.
- It includes, but is not limited to, promoting, screening, processing, matching, facilitating, training, supporting, monitoring, problem solving and meeting set standards.
Qualifications And Experience:
- BSW/RN or equivalent background/experience
- Valid Class 5 B.C. Driver’s License
- Non-Violent Crisis Intervention Training (Mandt) or equivalent
- Clear Criminal Record for the purposes of working with Vulnerable Adults
- Courses related to Disabilities
- Knowledge of program delivery
- Valid Emergency Level First Aid Certificate with Adult CPR component
- Counseling courses preferred
- Three (3) to five (5) years related experience
- Administrative and supervisory experience
- Contract interpretation knowledge and experience
- Accreditation or organizational standards experience
- Training or experience in performance management
- Experience in crisis management
- Experience working with funding agencies
- Experience facilitating working groups
- Experience managing finances
- Proposal Development experience is an asset
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ongoing recruitment and retention of home share and respite providers, formally and informally
- Support in all aspects of the application process for potential caregivers and Individuals
- Provide support (including emotional) with transition planning to individuals and family members
- Determine support needs of individuals
- Screen, process and approve potential caregivers and match individuals accordingly
- Create and/or update Individual’s documentation
- Ensure and support caregivers in meeting contractual reporting requirements
- Ensure reporting and contract requirements to CLBC are met
- Information brokering of any changes to standards, etc.
- Conduct formal assessments and informal monitoring of resources to ensure required standards are maintained
- Provide ongoing support (including emotional) to Individuals, caregivers and family members
- Coordinate and attend significant meetings
- Liaise with the community, government, families, officials, professionals, academic institutions and organization staff to promote community involvement in the program
- Work in collaboration with all member of the Dengarry Team
- Work closely and collaborate with funding and referral agencies
- After hour support may be required or deemed necessary
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Effective interpersonal and written communication skills
- Effective problem solving and crisis management skills
- Effective transition planning skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Demonstrated coaching skills
- Efficient organizational skills
- Ability to self-direct
- Effective time management skills
- Ability to work effectively with others in a team setting, facilitating group processes
- Ability to work independently and in isolated settings
- Effective interviewing, assessment and analytical skills
- Proficiency in the use of a computer and various software programs
- Ability to work within an identified budget
- Effectively maintain financial accountability
Scheduled Hours Hours Per Day Un Paid Period
Monday 0830-1700 8 ½ Hour
Tuesday 0830-1700 8 ½ Hour
Wednesday 0830-1700 8 ½ Hour
Thursday 0830-1700 8 ½ Hour
Friday 0830-1700 8 ½ Hour
Regularly Scheduled Hours Per Week 40
- This position comes with full health and welfare benefits and Pension once completion of the qualifying period.
- There is reimbursement for mileage when using your own vehicle.
- The successful applicant will participate in an on-call rotation.
- Day trips – out of town travel may be required.
- Training opportunities are provided.
- All interested applicants must submit their resume to [email protected].