Full Time Residence Worker – Quesnel
POSITION: Full Time Residence Worker
Number of Positions: 1
Posting Date: November 15, 2022
Closing Date: Until Filled
Salary: $21.63-$25.19 per hour for day and afternoon shifts
- Assists Adults with Developmental Disabilities to live successfully in residential settings such as Community Group Housing and Supported Independent Living.
- Ensures that the Individual’s physical, emotional, social, educational and medical needs are met.
- Assists the Individual to enhance quality of life with activities of daily living and the development of life skills.
- Grade 12 diploma or equivalent
- Non-violent crisis intervention training (Mandt or Equivalent)
- Valid Emergency Level First Aid Certificate with Adult CPR component
- Valid Class 5 BC Drivers License
- Clear Criminal Record Review for the purposes of working with vulnerable adults
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participates in the assessment, goal setting and service planning for individuals living in a residence. Documents, implements and provides input into the evaluation of the services.
- Provides life skills training such as meal preparation, housekeeping, personal care & personal finance and implements individual service plans.
- Assists the Individual with activities of daily living such as meals, grooming and hygiene
- Assists in carrying out health related care, including physical & mental, setting and attending appointments with doctors as needed.
- Administers medication to the Individual in accordance with established policy.
- Participates in various Individual-focused activities in accordance with service plans.
- Acts as a positive role model for Individuals, coworkers and members of the community.
- Assists in creating and maintaining a pleasant working climate that is conducive to the Individual’s training and progress.
- Carries out designated Individual programs & guidelines of both, behavior management and skill acquisition nature, and collects related data.
- Recognizes, analyzes and deals with potential emergency situations such as an Individual’s aggressive behavior to ensure no harm comes to the Individual and/or the public.Reports problems to the team leader.
- Maintains current knowledge of all emergency and safety procedures and is prepared to deal with situations as they arise.
- Provides emotional support and feedback to residents and their families.
- Transports and assists Individuals to appointments, shopping or leisure activities.
- Performs residence maintenance and housekeeping duties such as laundry, sweeping, mopping floors, mowing lawns, inventory, shopping, cleaning equipment and food services.
- Assists in approaches designed to teach Individuals to perform these duties to the greatest degree possible.
- Maintains records & reports such as statistics, logbooks and daily activities on residents.
- Identifies social, economic, recreational and educational services in the community that will meet Individual’s needs.
- Assists as requested with orientation and on-the-job training in a mentoring role.
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Effective interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency to teach skills and provide care.
- Ability to work effectively with others in a team setting.
- Knowledge of theory, principles and practices in the field.
- Good time management to meet the needs of PRS and flexibility to reflect the changes inherent within.
- Competency in use of a computer, in particular Microsoft word processing programs.
- Basic accounting skills.
- Must be fully vaccinated and able to provide proof as per Public Health Orders
Scheduled Hours Hours Per Day
Sunday 0700-1500 8
Monday 1500-2300 8
Tuesday 1500-2300 8
Friday 1000-1800 8
Saturday 0700-1500 8
Regularly Scheduled Hours Per Week 40
- This position comes with full health and welfare benefits and Pension upon completion of the qualifying period.
- There is reimbursement for mileage when using your own vehicle.
- Training opportunities are provided.
- All interested applicants must submit their resume to [email protected]