Interim Team Leader – Quesnel
Position: Interim Team Leader
Number of Positions: 1
Posting Date: July 25, 2022
Closing Date: Until Filled
Salary: $29.50-$31.50 per hour
- This position is multifaceted in scope but centers on providing day-to-day oversite to community residential services
- It provides supervision, mentoring and coaching to the frontline staff
- Ensuring the supports provided to the Individuals being supported are aligned with Dengarry Policy and Procedures, regulatory standards and funder expectations
Qualifications And Experience:
- Valid Emergency Level First Aid Certificate with Adult CPR component
- Valid Class 5 B.C. Driver’s License
- Non – Violent Crisis Intervention Training (MANDTS) or equivalent
- Clear Criminal Record for the purposes of working with vulnerable adults
- Diploma in a related human / social service field.
- Three (3) to five (5) years recent related experience,
- Administrative and supervisory knowledge & experience is desirable.
- Accreditation or organizational standards experience
- Familiarity and experience with contract interpretation and proposal development is an asset.
- Full vaccination for COVID-19
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops, implements and evaluates residence goals, objectives, policies and procedures and ensures the required standards are maintained.
- Schedules, supervises and evaluates residence staff and monitors daily operations.
- Assists in recruiting and selecting of staff and provides guidance, training and orientation on policies, procedures, techniques, report preparation or other matters arising in the residence.
- Identifies the needs of staff for professional development.
- Recognizes exemplary staff performance and enforces progressive discipline as required.
- Provides leadership, guidance and participates with staff, families and others in planning & providing Individual’s various support plans, case conferencing, case management and the preparation of related documents and reports.
- Monitors, authorizes and allocates expenditures within the operating budget for the year and assists senior management in preparing the budget.
- Liaises with the community, government, families, officials, professionals, academic institutions and organization staff and promotes community involvement in the program.
- Ensures the cleanliness, safety, security and maintenance of the residence in accordance with relevant policy standards
- Maintains the residence’s inventory of supplies.
- Works as a residence worker, where staff requires assistance, performing the duties as needed.
- Provides relief to other team leaders in their absence.
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Ability to work effectively with others in a team setting, facilitating group processes.
- Thorough knowledge of program issues.
- Effective interviewing and assessment skills.
- Proficiency in use of a computer, in particular Microsoft word processing programs.
- Good accounting skills.
Scheduled Hours Hours Per Day Un Paid Period
Monday 1030-1700 6 ½ Hour
Tuesday 1030-1700 6 ½ Hour
Wednesday 1030-1700 6 ½ Hour
Thursday 1030-1700 6 ½ Hour
Friday 1030-1700 6 ½ Hour
Regularly Scheduled Hours Per Week: 30
- This is a temporary position to provide maternity leave coverage, term to be determined upon start date.
- This position comes with full health and welfare benefits once completion of the qualifying period.
- There is reimbursement for mileage when using your own vehicle.
- The successful applicant will participate in an on-call rotation.
- Training opportunities are provided.
- All interested applicants must submit their resume to [email protected]